Sunday, January 17, 2010

Real milk ricotta

Homemade cream cheese is another thing we do real milk. I do it often when I have the butter. Cream Scoop, which I started on the left side of buttermilk, and pour the rest into a pot. I left to rest clabbered in a warm place about 2 days or until the milk. I'm talking about raw milk that has not been pasteurized or homogenized. Raw milk contains all the necessary bacteria needed to make the milk curds.

At the end of 2 days of whey should be separatedfrom the curd. The whey, the watery part of milk. The curd is the solid part. Then I cut the curd with a knife and pour the curds and whey into a kettle. I have the heat slowly on very low heat, confirmed the break a bit '. Then I pour the mixture into a cheesecloth bag and hang it to write a big bowl of escape.

When all the liquid drained from the curd, I give the quarks from the cheesecloth into a bowl and chill well in the refrigerator. Once cooledI mix a bit 'of salt and fresh cream inside. This quark will be stored in the refrigerator for about 5 days. It 'usually does not last long, as we eat fast enough.

One way that I like to mix a bit 'of chopped chives or onion in it and then a baked potato. Yummy, and no preservatives!

Related : cheap cookware sets Where to fine a new gas barbeque grill Cuisinart Foods Processors, Cuisinart Coffee Maker, Ice Cream Maker Porcelain Enamel Cookware Set,

No comments:

Post a Comment